This morning, we’re announcing that we’ve acquired Derby web hosting company Swordfish Hosting. The purchase includes Swordfish’s data centre assets and its customers.
We’re looking forward to welcoming Swordfish’s customers to Bytemark. First and foremost, the service to Swordfish customers will remain the same, at the same price. We’ve answered some questions about the transition here.
This first acquisition is an important part of our plans for growth, building on our success to date. We’ve been looking for another, technically-led hosting company to work with for a while and Swordfish provided us with the right opportunity.
Acquiring Swordfish means that we can keep those customers online without their needing to migrate to a different provider, as well as to continue to deliver the support they’re used to.
Importantly, the fact that Swordfish has a strong technical reputation meant it was a natural fit with our existing customer base.
Finally, a big thanks to Stuart Harper and Richard Marriott, co-founders of Swordfish Hosting. They’ve built a successful hosting company over the last seven years and we’ve enjoyed working with them during this transition. Good luck in your next endeavour!
- Web hosting company Bytemark takes over Swordfish Hosting – The Press.
- Bytemark acquires Swordfish Hosting – Prolific North.
- Bytemark makes first acquisition – Manchester Evening News.
- UK company Bytemark Hosting acquires managed cloud host Swordfish – Web Host Industry Review.
- Bytemark reels in Swordfish – Insider Midlands.
- Hosting firm takes byte out of Swordfish – Insider Yorkshire.
- Swordfish hands reigns to Bytemark – Derby Telegraph.